Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back Home

I've been back in New York for about 17 hours now. In that time I have slept for three hours, been driving for four, worked for 8, and unpacked/ate/caught up with my roommate for two. It was a great vacation which I will write more about later, but suffice it to say that I think it's healthy for me to spend an entire ten days without hearing a single car honk or one person angrily yell "Fuck you!"

I don't have a lot to say at the moment. (This blog at the moment is like one of those phone calls when someone says, "I just called to talk," but they don't have anything to say.) Anyhow, before I go, I must share one bizarre thought I had upon arriving back in New York. In the wee hours of this morning, I stepped away from the baggage claim carting an impossibly heavy suitcase and my carry-on, walked out into the cold, cold northeastern air, and thought "I'm so glad to be where it's cold again."

The whiny me of last winter, who couldn't take the wind or the cold temps, is long gone. After a warm Arkansas Christmas, no more tank tops for me this January, please.

No comments: