Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snowed In and Reading

Over the past few days, I have been pretending that it is not going to snow. Now, I glance out my window, and not only is my car completely buried, but the snow is still coming down. I am pushing the thoughts of digging out my car tonight out of my mind to enjoy how beautiful the snow really is. I can hear a group of adults laughing next door as they dig out their dog run, and I can hear the dog barking as he jumps over the mounds of snow repeatedly. I've been reading nonstop: Glamour magazine, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (which is absolutely phenomenal,) and any other random things that are lying around the house. I'm sure the Sunday paper is buried somewhere out there, but I'm in no hurry to find it.

I've also been doing a little bit of websurfing/blogsurfing. Favorite finds of today:
  • Social and political commentary through limericks - please scroll to January 27 entry
  • And though my roommate introduced me this website several days ago, I'm including it for today because I can play on it for ridiculous amounts of time. Just type in your city and plot out your run with this handy little pedometer.
So now I think I'm going to get back to my book. I've slept off the exhaustion of yesterday, done a bit of cleaning up this morning, and now am ready to indulge in a full-fledged day indoors. My stack of books is at hand and I must get down to the business of reading for pleasure.

1 comment:

The Limerick Savant said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out. Always nice to find someone new in the blogsphere.