Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sad, Sad Blog and Strange Boat-Building

I could make many excuses for the blog-neglect of recent days, but I will leave it with the fact that sleep took precedence.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I saw the strangest thing ever today on the subway. I'm sure I've said this before, but whatever I labelled as such has been beaten out by an older couple sitting quietly on the J train into Manhattan this afternoon. The woman had a little canvas bag filled with tools. The man had a wooden model boat that was about a foot and a half long (this was definitely not a project meant for rush hour.) Without ever communicating, they handed tools back and forth, a nearly silent team as the man carved the boat and the woman chose the next tool. I don't believe they even made eye contact.

The best part was when the woman said something inaudible and the man responded with, "I told her she couldn't drive. Told her she's worse than a drunk with that one eye and that one leg."

You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: