Monday, January 15, 2007

Cannot Sleep

It's happened...I have pretended for about two weeks now that I am not a teacher and can lead the average social life of a twenty-something in New York City. As I am fully awake after spending too many nights staying up too late, I can't even begin to convince my body and my mind to shutdown. Which means that when the alarm clock starts ringing in approximately five hours, I will be hitting the snooze button repeatedly before halfheartedly dragging myself out of bed.

So I take out the laptop, and start writing a story that's been banging around in my brain for the last couple of weeks. It feels good to be doing some late-night writing, (even though I know I'll be paying for it soon,) but my ideas have momentarily come to a standstill. So I turn to the blog, and what do you know, it gets me going again. I write a sentence here, I write a paragraph on the story, two sentences here, three paragraphs on the story...At least I have something to keep me occupied until I am finally able to sleep.

No comments: