Monday, May 21, 2007

Now What?

Since I've finished all my grad school work (mere hours ago,) I have found that I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Until I get a set plan for how to spend all these extra hours, I've been entertaining myself with bedroom fantasies.

That's right, I can't stop thinking about my bedroom in my new apartment. I am obsessing over what color I should paint it. I want to buy new furniture, so I'm wondering if I should even bother moving the furniture I have. I want to go back and look at the apartment right now to take measurements, get ideas about furniture placement, and take a second look at the closet space. And what I want most is for my new and improved room to look like something from a design magazine. But taking a glance at my current room snaps me back to reality quickly.

I'm still a little stuck in the college phase decorating-wise, which is a bit sad considering I've been out for four years now. I have a hodge podge of furniture ranging in price from $10-$50, and ranging in quality from ugly plastic to sagging fiberboard. Okay, maybe I'm being a little hard on the furniture, but it's definitely time for a new start. Hopefully I'll soon be blogging while sitting at this desk. Or maybe I'll be sleeping in this bed. Or, just maybe, I'll be too comfy reading in my new chair to bother with blogging or sleeping.

No comments: