Thursday, August 30, 2007

OCD (Open Cabinet Disorder)

When you have roommates, you often learn things about yourself that you never would have imagined to be true. For me, it is a strange obsessive compulsion to have all cabinets completely closed. I don't know why, but it bothers me a lot when a cabinet is open even an inch.

Today, when I got home I arrived to find that Josh and Russ had opened all cabinets, closets, or doors of any kind (toaster trays, coffee pots, cd players, etc.) I just stared while the two of them continued watching tv as though nothing were amiss. We laughed about it, and I must say they were quite proud of their little trick, then I closed everything up.

Thirty minutes later, when I went out to my car to get something, I should have realized that they would do it again. I cracked up when I walked back in to find everything open again. I love this spirit of harmless pranks, but am shocked that I dislike open cabinets so much. Is this really something I need to know about myself?

No comments: