Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sundays

It is often stated that Sundays are the most anxiety-producing days of the week for teachers as they prepare for another week. While that was mostly true for me last year, this year I have reclaimed my love for Sundays.

Today it is gray and gloomy outside, but it does not matter. Because it is Sunday, and I can lay in bed all day with a good book (Everything is Illuminated, an amazing book my friend Mariana let me borrow.)

I always run a few errands on Sunday, one of which is to fill up my gas tank. I went out today, and my car wouldn't start, but it does not matter. Because it is Sunday, and I don't have to go anywhere today. Kia is coming to get the car, and they'll take care of it, and I'll go back inside, blog, then keep reading my book.

I didn't do laundry. I have enough clean clothes, but I told myself I would do laundry this morning. Now I'll have to squeeze it into one of the weekdays, but it does not matter. Because it is Sunday, and I have a movie from Netflix that I can watch while eating a sandwich, carrots, and a Little Debbie snack cake, as if I were an elementary school student with a lunch packed by her mother.

It's 5:30 now. The day is quickly drawing to a close, but it does not matter. Because it Sunday, and I still have five leisurely hours of whatever I want.

No comments: