Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like

Christmas!! I am so excited about the holidays this year. In three weeks I get to go home and see my family, including my new baby cousin. My brother just got engaged, which is also like a new addition to the family. And another close friend just had her first baby. I'm looking forward to letting all these new beginnings swallow me up, even if some of the changes in my life have been difficult to accept at first.

And here, here in my new home in East Elmhurst, it really is looking like Christmas. I woke up this morning to see this out my window:


That's right, folks! Snow!! And it's still snowing right now! We've put out a few Christmas decorations, including my new favorite, a thing my roommate calls the Christmas pear. Last night my roommate decorated her Christmas cards, these bright green Christmas trees that now are adorned with silver and bronze tinsel and ornaments. She laid all the cards out on the kitchen table so they could dry, and now we have a beautiful Christmas tree forest to look at while we cook. Just to top off all of this excitement, yesterday we bought stockings that have iron-on letters. This may be the only time I ever stop blogging so I can iron! Happy Holidays!!

No comments: