Thursday, December 08, 2005

The World Summit Meeting

Next Thursday a very important meeting is taking place in New York. Bill and Hillary Clinton will be there. So will Barbara Bush, the Dalai Lama, and 50 Cent. Add to the mix Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, Benjamin Franklin, Wilma Rudolph, Julius Caesar, George Washington, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, and Amelia Earhart and you have a one-of-a-kind roundtable discussion that could only occur in my Methods of Teaching Social Studies course at Queens College. Each student chose a historical figure to come as next Thursday. (I know, you're first guess is that I chose 50 Cent, but I am actually coming as Wilma Rudolph.)

I am curious to see what actually happens there in Hortense Powdermaker Hall (yes, that is the actual name of the building in which most of my classes are housed.) I also think it will be a fun way to end the semester, while also providing fodder for yet another blog. I'm already thinking of things I want to do for my Wilma Rudolph costume, though I secretly want to change my choice. I also think Amelia Earhart should not show up to class...but maybe the professor wouldn't find that so funny.

Anyhow, the best thing is that this will be the end of the semester. We are awfully close to January, the wonderful month of the school year in which I am not in school myself. So, the countdown has begun...

No comments: