Saturday, December 10, 2005

In the Spirit of Fezziwig

Last night I went to the staff Christmas party for my school and had a blast. Hours of an open bar, a wide selection of appetizers, and plenty of dancing...I got home at five this morning, fell asleep instantly, woke up at ten, then spent over an hour on the phone with my mom telling her all about it.

I work with some incredibly amazing, extremely stressed-out people. It was nice to get out of our crazy work environment and just let loose a little bit. Or maybe a lot. Right now I'm looking at the pictures from last night, (and just being thankful that my camera survived being dropped by a friend whose dancing got slightly out of control--note to self: bring disposal camera to crowded parties, not the nice digital camera that I have such an attachment to.)

I love going to parties in the first place, but there's something different about a holiday party. Everyone is in such higher spirits, there's tinsel and balloons and lights everywhere, and it's the only time you can get away with belting out "All I Want for Christmas Is You" with forty of your colleagues.

No comments: