Monday, January 16, 2006

Short Note

Today I got my hair cut. And when I say I got my hair cut, I mean almost all of it. After my hour in the chair, there was so much hair on the floor I thought it was going to get up and walk out of the salon to join a pair of those snotty little Park Slope dogs.

I'm not one of those girls who is attached to my hair, and actually decided to cut it when I realized that my hair was becoming a little too important to me. But it is odd to catch a glance at myself in the mirror. Though my hair was not that long by most standards, (it barely brushed my shoulder blades,) I feel in a small way as if I have lost some feminity. Why is that connected to my hair length?

Other than that, I've learned a couple of lessons already that I will share before I go. First, a slight headache that's been coming and going for several weeks seems to have disappeared along with the heavy ponytail I've been carrying around. Second, the necessity of wearing a scarf has grown in direct proportion to the amount of hair that has been removed. I'll definitely wear the scarf and avoid the headache.

No comments: