Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Realization

We're beginning our poetry unit in our literacy curriculum this week. I have always loved poetry, especially when I was a kid, so I have been enjoying searching for poems to share with my students. I found a great website for teachers to use, and on this website listed a poem called "How to Torture Your Teacher." It includes suggestions such as slamming your books on the floor and dropping the eraser end of your pencil on the desk to see how high it will bounce.

I read through it, and my thought was, None of this sounds bad. Then, It is definitely time to change schools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have used the same poetry web site- gigglepoetry.com
Of course, my students found that poem "How to Torture Your Teacher," but they also found "How to Torture Your Students." They believe I employ all points described. It's great 8-)