Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sad Facts

Sad Fact #1: My beautiful Kona bicycle was stolen the first week I moved to New York City.

Sad Fact #2: Over two years later, I have still not replaced it.

Sad Fact #3: My bike rack for my car has been sitting unused on the balcony for over a year now.

Sad Fact #4: Realizing that I will be getting rid of my car before I get a new bike, I decided it was time to sell the bike rack on craigslist. I went out to the balcony to get it so I could take pictures for the ad. When I lifted it up, I felt some resistance. I quickly found that the neigbhor's ivy plant had grown around and through the bike rack.

Sad Fact #5: Half an hour later, the bike rack is ivy-free, and I have attached it to my car, enduring a surprisingly sentimental onslaught of memories of the old Kona bicycle attached to my car on various trips.

Sad Fact #6: The ad is on craigslist.

No comments: