Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Be Mischievous.

I'm on my lunchbreak, taking a little respite from my day of IEP-writing every spare second. After scarfing down my sandwich and strawberry yogurt, I treat myself to a few of the Dove chocolates my mom sent with my birthday present. Each chocolate has a special message on the inside of the wrapper. I barely glanced at the wise words of "Make a list of your dreams," "Discover yourself," and "Dare to love completely." However, like a teenager who can apply her YM horoscope to her personal life every single month, I felt certain that this package and this particular chocolate was sent to me with some divine purpose: "Be mischievous. It feels good."

Yesterday, I was riding the train in my typical fashion, so engrossed in my book I was unaware of anything around me, including the coworker who had gotten on the train three stops earlier. He scared me half to death by grabbing my book. It is now an official joke around the school, as I have been greeted several times with "How's the G train book club going?"

A friend was talking to me about how to get him back. She, a pro at being miscievous, has several ideas for what to do. Maybe Dove can inspire me add a little mischief to my life...as soon as I finish these IEPs.

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Looking forward to your mischievous escapades...