Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

I just finished the best book I have read in 2006. It has made me view goldfish, guts, trivial pursuit, high school, democracy, and many famous quotations in a whole new light. Five hundred and fourteen pages and it seemed every word, sentence, metaphor, and character was alive. It was not only a book that makes you want to read, but want that makes you want to write.

I know, I'm raving too much, which is why I'm telling you not to run out and buy this book now. I want you to open up the book with no expectations, the same way I did. So, write the title and author on a sheet of paper and stick that paper in the bottom of your purse, in your glove compartment, or in the pocket of shorts you won't be wearing again until June of next year (unless you're one of those people who doesn't check your pockets before throwing clothes in the washer.)

No comments: