Thursday, December 21, 2006

Near-Date Experience

Two-and-a-half years of dating in New York, and am I better for it? Doubtful. This week I was supposed to go on a date with a guy I met this weekend. Let's call him John. He seemed nice enough: good job, spoke four languages, played soccer, talked to my friends and I for quite a while, etc. So when he called on Saturday to ask me out, I was looking forward to the date. Until he called again on Sunday, then one time on Monday afternoon leaving a message saying that he "just called to talk," then again on Monday night...And if I thought that was excessive, he topped it with countless phone calls and text messages after I told him I didn't think this was going to work out.

Don't worry, though. The phone calls stopped, and I've found that the near-date experience was much better than some of my actual date experiences. I think I'm offically giving up...at least for 2006.

No comments: