Monday, July 02, 2007

Feeling Frosh

Today I came back to good ole Queens College to start a math class I have to take to fill an undergraduate deficiency. I couldn't remember where the class was being held, so I logged on to my school account to get the information. Because of this math class, Queens College has labeled me a "Beginning Freshman."

I automatically felt like I was regressing. And I didn't feel much better during the first twenty minutes of class when we reviewed concepts I teach to my middle school students. Suddenly, though, things changed. The last hour of class was a blur of graphing, finding intercepts, identifying functions, and finding domains. All of this came under the heading of REVIEW. I can only wonder what tomorrow will be like. Turns out, being a freshman isn't so easy after all.

No comments: