Sunday, December 30, 2007

List of Lists

As a person who loves, loves, LOVES lists, the end of the year is a particularly fantastic time. Lists abound in magazines, blogs, and tv shows. I could not be happier. So here I compile my favorite lists thus far. It makes me a little sad to know that in just a few days the list-craze will be over for a while.

Pitchfork's Top 100 Tracks of 2007: And if this isn't enough, they also have individual lists of top 100 tracks from contributors, a Top 50 Albums of 2007, and individual top 50 albums!

A Year in Reading 2007: This is actually my favorite of all the lists presented here, mostly because it revealed itself slowly over the entire month of December. Just click on the author, and you'll see their favorite books they've read during the year. Another great thing about this list is that it's not just limited to books published in 2007.

A Year of Books Worth Curling Up With: Yes, another list of books, but it's only fitting for my list of lists! This one, from the New York Times, is limited to books published in 2007. And if this list isn't enough for you, the sidebar on the left side of the screen offers two more lists.

Top 50 Websites of 2007: While I'm not a regular reader of Time magazine, I always look up their top 50 websites because I always find a thing or two that I hadn't heard of before. I still posted it since I look forward to reading it, but this year's was fairly disappointing, with each entry falling into one of two categories: I-Knew-About-This-Already or I'm-Not-Interested-At-All. Hopefully, 2008's will bring better results.

Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren't Reading
: I particularly like this list because it purposely searches for lesser known blogs. There's definitely something for everyone on the list.

Who, What, How: Here Google compiled the top ten searches that began with who, what, and how. This is the most interesting list I have stumbled across in all my list-hunting. It feels a bit like super-cyber stalking the general public. What questions are we asking when we think no one else is looking?

Enjoy!

No comments: