Monday, October 03, 2005

A Real Contract!

From the moment I started working in the New York City public school system, I have heard constant rumors about a strike. We have been working without a contract for over two years now. But today, an agreement was finally reached, the proper announcements were made to all the proper media outlets, and I no longer have to be reduced to a trembling mess every time I hear the word strike!

I don't have much else to say about this, considering I have about a million and one things to do before I go to soccer practice, but I will end with this note: 15% raise!! When I told my mom, she said "You'll be living large." Then we both laughed, because in reality I'll be living just a little less paycheck-to-paycheck. Either way, 15 might just be my new favorite number.

No comments: