Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dinner Party Afterglow

Over the past year and a half in my various, usually less-than-perfect living situations, I have forgotten one very important fact about myself. I absolutely love having company. Last night, my roommate and I hosted a small dinner party. Six guests, a ton of food and wine, and lots of entertaining conversation...I literally could not contain myself. If you know me, you know how I am when I am excited; I border on bubbly/embarassing and can't keep my mouth shut for longer than 90 seconds. Our friends, an interesting mix of three pairs who had never met each other before, seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. My roommate's cooking was excellent (I mostly chopped vegetables in this venture) and I got up the guts to make up my own salad dressing which actually tasted good! All guests were out the door by 1:00 this morning, and it took me at least an hour to fall asleep because I was still so wound up.

This morning, my roommate and I woke up to find almost all of the dishes we own dirty and covering every inch of tabletop, counter space, and filling the sink. I'm still a little groggy from not getting enough sleep, but I cannot wait to do this again. I feel so lucky to have an apartment I love to be in, and one that is large enough to comfortable entertain more than one person.

No comments: