Sunday, June 10, 2007

Teacheritis?

My fellow New York City teachers, have you noticed how the school year never ends? The days until June 27th stretch before me endlessly. I had a perfect Sunday, and I do not want it to end. I want it to extend into Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday...until September. Is that too much to ask?

I'm thinking about how to keep my students engaged for these last school days when I can't even manage to keep myself engaged. I read a great tip in a weekly-mail that I get about doing real world lessons at the end of the year: lessons on how to make it in high school, apply to colleges, get jobs, etc. It's a fantastic idea, but instead of working I read every article I could on the A.V. Club website, did a crossword puzzle, then pulled a little copycat and played Blokus online after seeing my roommate do it.

And now I can't even finish my blog because my roommate has somehow pulled me into Family Jewels...yes, that's right, the reality tv show about Gene Simmons.

No comments: