Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Two Conversations from Today

Today I helped out with the BMX club after school to log hours so I can build my own bike. The bike teacher and I were talking with the students as we fitted helmets. One of the students was explaining that he knew the music from "our generation." Then he started singing MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This." He was about two words in when the rest of the class joined him and sang more lyrics than I remembered the song containing. I wonder why this is the song from my childhood that has survived the test of time.

And my favorite conversation happended during PM homeroom with two students:

Student 1: Ms. Armstrong, did you ever get in trouble when you were a kid.

Me: Sometimes.

Student 1: For disrespecting the teacher?

Me: No.

Student 2: Don't tell me, you pulled out a girl's weave.

No comments: