Friday, November 30, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I am to embark on what I have entitled "The Weekend of Extreme Nerdiness." Tonight I am going to see Dave Eggers speak at the Strand about his book What is the What. If you have not picked it up, you must. I have been looking forward to this all week.

The rest of the weekend is filled with events from the Independent and Small Press Bookfair. I have printed out a schedule of the two day event. I have starred the time for the reading of one author (the one who wrote the book I was so happy about in my last entry but can't reveal because I don't want my mom to buy it.)I'm excited to see the likes of Tama Janowitz and Katha Pollitt in person. And the crowning event is the "Literary Trivia Quiz Smackdown."

The only thing that's kind of getting me down is that I don't have quite enough nerdy events to call the weekend epic. If only...

No comments: